Matthew Perez practices in the area of labor and employment. His practice involves representing employers in all aspects of litigation and administrative proceedings, including claims and discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, family and medical leave, union-management relations, and wages and hour disputes.
He has litigated claims brought against employers under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the National Labor Relations Act, and the analogous state statutes.
He has defended employers in various industries, including financial services, health care, transportation, construction, retail, hospitality and energy.
Mr. Perez also counsels and assists employers regarding compliance with labor and employment laws, including the preparation and review of employment contracts, policies, severance agreements, and employee handbooks and policies.
He also litigates breaches of employment contracts, alleged breaches of compensation and discretionary compensation agreements, and enforcement of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 2016
- Florida State University, B.S., cum laude, in Finance and Marketing, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- Hillsborough County Bar Association – Labor & Employment Section
- The Florida Bar
- Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee Representative
Rate : $$$