Matthew Sackel is a partner in the West Palm Beach office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Business Litigation Practice Group. Matthew has extensive trial and appellate experience and regularly represents financial institutions, corporations and individuals in commercial matters, including real estate litigation, landlord/tenant matters, partnership disputes, and other commercial litigation matters.
Matthew also represents clients in trusts and estates litigation and guardianship proceedings. Matthew serves on the Legal Aid Society’s Board of Directors, and has been recognized for his volunteer pro bono efforts by The Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County, The Florida Supreme Court and the Florida Pro Bono Coordinators Association.
He also serves on the Regional Cabinet for Washington University and as Co-Chair of the Washington University Alumni and Parents Admissions Program for South Florida and is a frequent lecturer and contributor to local, regional and national conferences.
- Washington University School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Executive Notes Editor, Global Studies Law Review
- Washington University Olin School of Business, B.S.B.A., International Business, Marketing and History, magna cum laude, 2002
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Leadership Palm Beach County Class of 2016
- Co-Chair, Washington University Alumni and Parents Admissions Program for South Florida
- Board of Directors, Legal Aid Society
- Florida Bar’s Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- Real Property Litigation Committee
- Landlord & Tenant Committee
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
Rate : $$$$