Matthew Yungwirth practices in the areas of intellectual property litigation with an emphasis on patents, trade secrets and trademarks. His client base is similarly diverse and includes clients ranging Fortune 100 companies to growth stage start-ups.
Over the last 18 years, Mr. Yungwirth has represented clients in a diverse range of litigation and licensing matters related to technologies such as wireless LAN systems, cellular networks, power over Ethernet, digital watermarking, VoIP, intelligent I/Os, digital signal processing, digital cable set-top receivers, bank networking and encryption schemes, metallurgical casting methods, adhesives and composite films.
- Represented three major mobile network operators (MNOs) in numerous patent litigation matters related to (i) multi-access network topologies, (ii) UMA networks, (iii) electronic billing systems, and (iv) Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology
- Represented houseware manufacturer in defense of trade dress and trademark infringement claims that were resolved through successful summary judgment on behalf of client.
- Represented Internet security provider in patent litigation matter involving distributed security service management that resulted in settlement that the client found advantageous
- Represented Fortune 500 hotel company in defense of numerous patent infringement matters including one that was dismissed without any payment by the client.
- Represented a major Wisconsin paper and packaging company in a patent infringement matter that resulted in the company’s competitor being enjoined from sales of infringing packaging products
- Represented Fortune 500 document management company in successful pursuit of injunction against a distributor of gray market goods
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S., Engineering, Co-op Distinction
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia , – Intellectual Property Law Section
- Atlanta Bar Association, – Intellectual Property Law Section
- Republican National Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$