Matthew T. Sarles focuses his practice on patent prosecution and counseling, as well as procuring patents for mechanical and electro-mechanical systems and devices. Additionally, Mr. Sarles assists clients in acquiring patents for software and business methods, while also advising clients on a range of related matters including freedom-to-operate issues, patent infringement analysis and comprehensive intellectual property protection strategies.
Mr. Sarles also has experience in trademark procurement, as well as patent and trademark litigation.
Prior to joining the legal profession, Mr. Sarles worked in the steel industry as a manager and plant engineer at a large-scale heavy manufacturing facility.
Mr. Sarles supervised maintenance of existing process lines in the facility, and conceived, designed and commissioned new process lines under extensive capital improvement projects.
- Successfully obtained trial court order dismissing trademark and copyright infringement claims for Fusion Entertainment with respect to alleged use of works of visual art and artist’s name.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, J.D. (2005) Order of St. Ives
- University of Nevada Las Vegas William S. Boyd School of Law (2004) Visiting Student
- Colorado School of Mines, B.S., Mechanical Engineering (1997)
- Colorado (2005)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Supreme Court of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Rate : $$$