Matthew John Smart is a member of the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group. His practice focuses on general litigation matters and spans all phases of litigation.
Before joining Schiff, Matthew was a restructuring associate in the Chicago office of an international law firm where he practiced in all areas of corporate restructuring, bankruptcy, and insolvency-related matters and represented corporate debtors and creditors in chapter 11 and chapter 15 proceedings.
- Matthew has represented various chapter 11 debtors in a variety of industries, including entertainment, oil and gas, retail, and technology.
- Matthew has represented various creditors in chapter 11 and chapter 15 proceedings.
- IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2016
- University of North Carolina School of the Arts, B.F.A., 2008
- LAGBAC (The Lesbian and Gay Bar Association of Chicago), Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Rate : $$$