Matthew Smith provides his clients with reliable counsel through virtually all aspects of litigation, with an emphasis on financial services and securities matters. Matt represents public and private companies and their officers and directors, issuers, broker-dealers, investment banks, and individuals in both commercial and securities-related disputes.
He has experience handling cases implicating federal and state securities laws including auction rate securities, Regulation SHO, accounting fraud, market manipulation, suitability, unauthorized trading, and employment matters.
Matt regularly represents clients in proceedings before governmental and self-regulatory organizations, including the SEC, the Colorado Division of Securities, FINRA, and the New York Stock Exchange. Matt also conducts internal investigations of alleged misconduct for companies and represents individuals in such investigations.
In addition, Matt is experienced in representing clients involving corporate governance disputes, fiduciary breaches, fraud, trademark infringement claims, class actions, and various other commercial matters.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, J.D., 2000
- University of Colorado, B.S., 1997
Bar Admissions : Colorado
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- ACE Scholarships, Advisory Board Member, 2014-present
- Boys & Girls Club of Metro Denver, Associates Board Member, 2010-present
- Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Denver Chamber Economic Development Corporation, Board of Governors, 2010-2013
- Leadership Denver Program, Graduate, 2011
Rate : $$$