Matthew T. Austin is a seasoned workers’ compensation attorney whose practice focuses on defending the interests of insurance companies, employers, self-insured employers, and third-party administrators in matters subject to New York State’s Workers’ Compensation Law, and before the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board. Matt’s wide-ranging practice also includes experience in family and matrimonial law, employment law, and criminal matters.
Matt was a clerk with the New York Farm Bureau, a law intern with the Albany Law School Law Clinic and Justice Center, and a Legal Aide with the Office of the Attorney General in Albany while earning his J.D. from Albany Law School.
From 2008-2010, he was the president of the Albany Law School Student Chapter of the Federalist Society; during the same time period, he was on the society’s Board of Directors for the Capitol Region Lawyers Chapter. He has also written on legal issues for The Daily Record for several years.
- Rochester Lawyers Chapter of the Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy
- Monroe County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Volunteer Legal Services Project of Monroe County
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- Albany Law School, J.D., 2010
- State University of New York at Geneseo, B.A., 2005
Rate : $$$$