Matthew V. Wargin represents institutional lenders, bank groups, hedge funds and other creditors in out-of-court workouts, bankruptcy proceedings and other distress situations, including advising corporate clients on distressed asset sales and acquisitions and on structuring considerations in complex debt transactions.
Matt also has experience representing debtors in Chapter 11 proceedings and recently represented larger sporting goods fabricator and manufacturer in connection with its successful pre-packaged Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
Matt’s representations further include a variety of matters involving the post-closing administration of residential mortgage backed securitization trusts, including related disputes and litigation.
Matt has advised clients in connection with transactions and disputes involving a wide variety of industries, including telecommunications, oil and gas, manufacturing, life insurance and financial services.
Matt regularly litigates matters in federal bankruptcy and district courts and has significant experience working with expert witnesses and litigating contested valuation issues.
- New York University School of Law, JD, cum laude
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- New York
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Represented prepetition secured lender in connection in the LTAP US LLLP Chapter 11 case and obtained orders granting relief from the automatic stay and denying the debtor’s attempt to obtain approval of a “priming” debtor-in-possession financing facility following a full evidentiary hearing regarding disputed valuation issues.
- Represented one of the world’s largest providers of telecommunications services in connection with the Chapter 11 case of a competitive local exchange carrier.
- Represented the agent for prepetition secured lender in the CDX Gas LLC (et al.) Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented agents for prepetition and initial post-petition secured lenders in Global Power Equipment Group, Inc. (et al.) Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented the “stalking horse” and ultimately successful bidder for mortgage loan servicing platform in New Century Financial Corporation Chapter 11 cases.
Rate : $$$