Maura Ann McBreen is a partner in the Firm’s Chicago office and has over 30 years’ experience in executive compensation and employee benefits. She authors a quarterly column in Corporate Taxation and is a member of its Board of Contributing Editors and Advisors. She was instrumental in launching The Compensation Connection blog and in organizing the Firm’s 2017 Third Annual Global Pensions Conference in Chicago.
Maura Ann focuses on executive compensation and employee benefits, especially with regard to single employer, multi-employer, and multinational benefits. She addresses operational and fiduciary issues as they arise under tax-qualified retirement plans, including employee stock ownership plans, and leads our global pensions practice.
She designs deferred compensation and equity-based incentive compensation plans, advises on issues under Code Sections 162(m), 280G, 409A and 457A and negotiates executive employment agreements.
Her experience in handling employee benefits issues in multijurisdictional corporate transactions includes the division of employee benefit liabilities and transfer of plan assets, as well as the negotiation of plan liability provisions in connection with corporate financing agreements.
- Harvard Law School (JD) (1978)
- Smith College (AB English cum laude with high honors) (1975)
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (1992)
- Illinois~United States (1978)
- Member of the Board of Advisors, Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago
- Member of the Board of Advisors, The University of St. Mary of the Lake, 2016 – Present
- Member, The Chicago Network, 2010 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Rate : $$$