Maura Barry Grinalds represents corporations and individuals in a wide variety of complex disputes, including securities, corporate, commercial litigation and class actions in federal and state trial and appellate courts, as well as U.S. and international arbitration proceedings.
Ms. Grinalds has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in a broad array of matters, including claims involving breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, tortious interference, non-competes, trade secrets, franchise, license and intellectual property disputes, antitrust violations, civil RICO and other statutory claims.
Representative client industries include: aerospace, auctions, automotive, banking and finance, consumer products, defense contractors, electronics, energy, heavy equipment, hospitality, hospitals, gaming, internet, manufacturing, online services, pharmaceutical, private equity, real estate, technology, telecommunications, satellites and video games.
In the area of securities litigation, Ms. Grinalds has successfully obtained the dismissal of numerous federal securities class actions on behalf of public companies, individual directors, and officers and/or underwriters.
Ms. Grinalds has represented clients through all phases of federal securities class actions. She also represents registrants and individual directors and officers in regulatory proceedings and investigations before the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
In addition, Ms. Grinalds has advised clients in connection with Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower proceedings before the U.S. Department of Labor. She also frequently represents publicly traded companies and directors and officers in shareholder class actions and derivative litigation in state courts.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1991 (magna cum laude; Ames Moot Court)
- Harvard University Tower Fellow, L’Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Paris, 1987 (Certificat Mention Bien); L’Institut des Hautes Etudes Internationales, Paris II, 1987 (Certificat Mention Bien)
- B.A., Harvard University, Harvard and Radcliffe Colleges, 1985 (magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa)
- New York
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the First, Second and Ninth Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Michigan, the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and District of Connecticut
Rate : $$$