Maureen Bennett represents life sciences and health care clients conducting global clinical trials and research collaborations. For almost 20 years, Maureen has advised clients on the contractual, regulatory, and ethical issues associated with clinical research.
She negotiates clinical trial agreements, reviews informed consents, provides advice regarding novel patient recruitment strategies, and assists with interactions with regulatory agencies, including the FDA.
Maureen also advises clients on emerging regulatory issues affecting clinical research, including the utilization of social media in patient and physician recruitment, the development of virtual clinical trial and telemedicine networks, and personalized medicine strategies implementing the use of biomarkers and companion diagnostics.
Maureen also represents clients in the structuring of complex outsourcing arrangements between life sciences companies and contract research organizations (CROs). Maureen has recently assisted a pharmaceutical company in the negotiation of a master services agreement with a CRO for a Phase 3 clinical trial with more than 100 sites on four continents.
She also represents clients in the assessment and mitigation of regulatory risks and the negotiation of liability allocation arrangements in M&A, licensing, and other commercial transactions.
Maureen is the Life Sciences co-leader for the Firm’s Health Care and Life Sciences Practice Group and is currently serving as co-chair of the Boston Bar Association’s Health Care Section.
She was honorary co-chair for the 8th Annual Boston-Northwest Ireland Golden Bridges Giant Step Conference 2015 and is a regular speaker at industry conferences. Maureen is a member of the Firm’s LGBTQ affinity group.
- Boston College (J.D. cum laude 1985; B.A. magna cum laude 1982)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts and California
- International pharmaceutical company builds anti-corruption compliance program
- Sanofi completes $2 billion bond issue in U.S. public offering
- LeBaronBrown Industries acquires American International Chemical, Inc.
- Koch Disruptive Technologies leads $150 million investment in INSIGHTEC
- Ambry Genetics sold to joint venture formed by Konica Minolta and Innovation Network for up to $1.0 billion
- Shore Capital Partners portfolio company acquires TheraBond® family of products from Alliqua BioMedical
- RTI Surgical divests cardiothoracic closure business to A&E Medical Corporation for up to $60 million
- Athersys completes $23 million public offering of Common Stock
- Kowa Pharmaceuticals America announces agreement with CymaBay Therapeutics to license gout compound
- Canaccord Genuity and Cowen and Company underwrite $30 million public offering of Common Stock by Avinger
- Specialty Silicone Fabricators sold to Trelleborg AB.
Rate : $$$$