Maureen’s practice focuses on commercial and tort litigation, with a particular emphasis on utility and product liability matters. Maureen has represented utilities and energy companies and manufacturers and distributors of industrial equipment and machinery in a wide variety of cases before state and federal courts throughout the United States.
She has argued numerous appeals before Connecticut’s Supreme and Appellate Courts and before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.
Maureen was one of only three Connecticut women selected for inclusion in the First Edition of the Top 250 Women in Litigation published by Benchmark Litigation. She was the first woman president of the Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association and the first woman in the country to be elected president of a state chapter.
- Connecticut Bar Association, Grievance Committee, Hartford County, 1997-2004
- Connecticut Bar Association, 1980-present
- Utility and Litigation sections
- American Bar Association, 1980-present
- Litigation Section
- Waterbury Bar Association, 1980-present
- Board of Directors, 1985-1986
- Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association
- President, 1990-1991
- Board of Directors, Chair, 1991-1992
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut Special Masters Program, 1997-present
- Co-Chair, 1997-2001
- Fact-Finder and Attorney Trial Referee, Connecticut Superior Court, 1991-present
- James W. Cooper Fellow, Connecticut Bar Foundation, 2000-present
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A., 1976 ~ magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 1980 ~ with honors
Rate : $$$$