Maureen Theresa Callahan focuses her practice on land development and the acquisition and disposition of operating assets in all commercial classes. Particularly experienced in large-scale real estate development, Maureen regularly represents owners and developers on high-profile projects throughout the United States.
In her diverse national commercial real estate practice, Maureen guides clients through the complex pre-development and development phases of constructing first-class office, industrial, mixed-use and retail developments. Maureen has deep experience in the development of mission-critical data centers throughout the United States.
Typically, a client engages her from the inception of the project to work with the client’s internal development and construction team, as well as the external consultant team of architects, engineers and contractors, as she has a true understanding of what it takes to bring a project from “dirt to vertical.” This understanding often leads to her serving as “project manager” from start to finish.
Maureen has deep experience in representing both sellers and buyers of operating assets. She is adept at helping her clients analyze and position a portfolio of assets for sale so that the sale process goes smoothly.
In representing buyers, Maureen knows how to focus on the core issues so as to help her client become the successful bidder in the current extremely competitive investment environment.
Maureen’s clients describe her as being detail-oriented, and they rely as much on her understanding of the business side of real estate as on her strong legal skills.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1988
- Old Dominion University, B.A., 1985
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Member, Real Estate Section, State Bar of Georgia
- Corporate Secretary, Board of Directors, National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (2011-present)
- Commercial Real Estate Women – Atlanta
- Mentor, E-mentoring program (2010-2011)
- Chapter Champion, CREW Network (2009)
- Member, Board of Directors (2001-2002)
Representative Matters :
- Represented the owner, developer and end user of a data center campus in Stanton Springs, Newton County, Georgia and negotiated the associated tax incentives and related public/private infrastructure agreements.
- Representing a developer of mission-critical data center campuses throughout the United States.
- Represented the seller in connection with structuring the development of, and sale of portions of, Phase II of Avalon, Alpharetta, Georgia.
- Represented a developer in the negotiation of a long-term ground lease with Emory University and with respect to a mixed-use development on that land and the associated joint venture documents.
Rate : $$$