Maurice Sanchez practices distribution and franchise and commercial litigation. Mr. Sanchez represents motor vehicle manufacturers and distributors in litigation and transactional matters, focusing on market representation and dealer disputes.
Mr. Sanchez understands clients’ perspectives, having spent part of his career as in-house counsel for two major automobile distributors. He offers creative and practical ways to approach an issue, anticipating the ramifications of those actions on the overall business goals of the client.
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, JD (1981)
- University of California, Irvine, BA (1978)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Worked to clarify the California New Motor Vehicle Board’s jurisdiction to address industrywide concerns regarding which manufacturer/dealer disputes are addressed by the Board and which should go to court
- Developed an innovative argument based on disparate appellate court decisions to obtain dismissal of establishment protest filed with the California New Motor Vehicle Board. Dismissal was based on the dealer’s pre-notice waiver of protest rights. Resulted in avoidance of a good-cause hearing on the merits and saved client’s time and resources
Previous Professional Experience:
- National leader of distribution and franchise team, California office of national law firm
- Managing Counsel, Hyundai Motor America
- Senior Counsel, Mazda Motor of America, Inc.
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Hispanic Bar Association
- National Association of Motor Vehicle Boards and Commissions
Rate : $$$