Mauritia G. Kamer counsels employers on preventative practices to minimize workplace disputes, including advising employers on issues relating to employee handbooks and policies, employee relations, internal complaints and investigations, FMLA and ADA issues, as well as other employment issues which employers face routinely.
She also provides training for attorneys, executives, human resources professionals, and managers on best EEO practices, preventing harassment/discrimination, and avoiding employment litigation claims.
She also has extensive knowledge in the workforce authorization compliance area. She provides advice relating to I-9 compliance, corporate best practices during the hiring process, and emerging federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Mauritia has significant jury trial experience and appears in state and federal courts, as well as before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission as well as various state and local FEP agencies. She handles claims arising under Title VII, ADA, FMLA and The Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
- Argued granting of summary judgment on common law employment claims to the Sixth Circuit for leading manufacturer
- Tried a claim of race discrimination by a former employee of a leading manufacturer of fire and safety equipment
- Represented national companies in their employment litigation in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Vermont, South Carolina, and Tennessee
- Represented management in numerous labor arbitrations
- J.D. University of Kentucky
- B.A. Virginia Tech cum laude
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Kentucky Law Journal, Staff (1989-1991) and Associate Editor (1990-1991)
- Bluegrass Society for Human Resources Management, Board of Directors, 2018-2019
- Alzheimer’s Association of Greater Kentucky and Southern Indiana, Board of Directors, 2012-2018, Vice Chair, 2016-2018, Chair, 2018-2019
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Bluegrass, Board of Directors, 2018
Rate : $$$