Maxim Mayer-Cesiano is a corporate attorney focusing primarily on mergers and acquisitions in strategic and private equity transactions, particularly in the consumer products, financial services, industrials and chemicals, life sciences and health, technology, media and telecommunications, real estate and energy industries.
Mr. Mayer-Cesiano also has counseled several investment banking clients on advisory matters in M&A transactions. In addition, he has advised companies on takeover preparedness, securities law and corporate governance matters.
Mr. Mayer-Cesiano was named as an “Emerging Leader” by The M&A Advisor in 2018. Selected recent examples of his significant representations include:
- DST Systems in its $5.4 billion acquisition by SS&C Technologies;
- Altaba in connection with its self-tender offer for up to approximately 24 percent of its shares of common stock in exchange for 0.35 American depositary shares of Alibaba Group;
- OneMain Holdings in IEG Holdings’ unsolicited exchange offer and in the acquisition of a 40 percent stake by an investor group led by Apollo Global Management;
- Permira Funds in a variety of transactions, including its acquisition of a majority interest in John Masters Organics;
- Becton, Dickinson & Company in a variety of transactions, including the formation of its global respiratory business joint venture with Apax Partners; its sale of its interest in such joint venture with Apax Partners; and its sale of certain assets to Merit Medical;
- Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, in a variety of transactions, including its $17 billion acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Corporation;
- Anheuser-Busch InBev in its $20.1 billion acquisition of the remaining stake of Grupo Modelo that it did not previously own.
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2006
- Certificate of Business and Public Policy, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, 2006
- B.A., Columbia University, Columbia College, 2003
Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$