Maximilienne Giannelli, Ph.D., represents clients in complex matters involving patents and/or trade secrets and counsels clients on how best to protect and defend their intellectual property. Max focuses her practice on patent and trade secret litigation in federal district courts and at the U.S. International Trade Commission.
She handles all aspects of litigation, from pre-litigation counseling through trial. Max also represents clients in inter partes reviews (IPR) at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), provides opinions on patent validity/invalidity and infringement/noninfringement, and has experience with patent prosecution and due diligence investigations.
Max represents clients across a wide range of technologies, including pharmaceuticals, specialty chemicals, chemical manufacturing processes, agrochemicals, clean energy and renewables, natural products, lithium-ion batteries, rare earth magnets, semiconductor active materials and devices, optoelectronic materials and devices, photovoltaic materials and solar devices, and genetically modified plants.
She received her Ph.D. in chemistry for research related to cement hydration inhibition and cross-linking in a hydraulic fracturing fluid. As a post-doctoral researcher, she investigated charge transport in organic photovoltaic materials and liquid crystals. Max also devotes time to pro bono representation of military veterans before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
- University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law J.D., summa cum laude, 2005
- Rice University Ph.D., Chemistry, 2001
- Harvey Mudd College B.S., Chemistry, 1997
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Veterans Claims
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional Activities :
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- ITC Trial Lawyers Association
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Order of the Coif
Rate : $$$$