Maximillian Hirsch litigates complex matters before trial and appellate courts. Representative matters in which Mr. Hirsch has been involved include:
- Kia Motors Corporation and Kia Motors America in obtaining a defense verdict after a bench trial against claims of trademark infringement brought by Allstate Insurance Company. The Daily Journal named the decision one of the Top Verdicts of 2017. Mr. Hirsch has also worked on the appellate briefing before the Ninth Circuit;
- Credit Acceptance Corporation in obtaining summary judgment on antitrust claims seeking approximately $1 billion in damages arising from the allegedly fraudulent acquisition and enforcement of a patent in the indirect auto lending market. The Daily Journal named the decision one of the Top Verdicts of 2017;
- a client in an internal investigation stemming from whistleblower allegations relating to potential accounting irregularities.
Mr. Hirsch also has a strong commitment to pro bono work, as shown by his membership on Skadden’s Immigration Impact Leadership team and his representation of a putative class of consumers alleging they were defrauded by a pet-retail chain in Southern California, for which his team was twice rewarded with the ALDF Advancement of Animal Law Pro Bono Achievement award.
His other notable pro bono matters include successfully enjoining an unconstitutional law placing restrictions on obtaining a marriage license in the State of Louisiana, representing an inmate who was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole as a juvenile in his resentencing hearing, representing an inmate on his appeal from a defense verdict in his lawsuit alleging excessive force against the prison guards, representing a political candidate bringing a First Amendment challenge to California’s Top Two primary system, representing a family of asylum seekers who were forced out of Mexico by threat of death, and representing over 50 plaintiff-tenants in their lawsuit against a slumlord.
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 2014
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 2011
Admissions : California
Rate : $$$