Maxine Hicks focuses her practice on real estate development with a particular emphasis on large mixed-use, transit-oriented developments, including destinations for stadiums, entertainment, hospitality, club and resort projects.
Maxine also advises developers, owners and healthcare providers on real estate issues associated with medical office buildings, ambulatory surgery centers, long-term acute care hospitals and hospital campus projects.
Maxine has extensive experience in real property acquisition, development and leasing; planned communities; distressed assets; state and federal regulation of real property; mixed-use community governance; and public-private partnerships.
She regularly counsels developers on legal issues related to builder programs; land sales regulation; condominium and homeowner associations; and stadium, hotel, spa, ski, marina and golf course developments. She also assists clients with site selection, zoning compliance, contract negotiation, acquisition, construction, property management and lease negotiations.
- Board Member, Atlanta’s Park over Ga400
- American Bar Association, Past Chair and Vice-Chair, Land Sales Regulation Committee of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Section
- Buckhead Coalition, Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Central Atlanta Progress (CAP), Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- State Bar of Georgia, Real Property Law and Taxation Section
- Urban Land Institute, Community Development Council, Executive Committee for the Atlanta District Council
- J.D., Georgia State University College of Law 1987
- B.B.A., West Georgia College 1981
Rate : $$$$