Maxwell C. McGraw focuses his practice on complex patent, copyright and trademark litigation. As a member of the Intellectual Property Litigation Practice group, he conducts targeted research, develops case strategies, drafts motions, and assists with depositions and trial preparation.
His professional experience and technical education in engineering allow him to understand and meet the needs of clients in multiple technological disciplines and industries.
During law school, Max served as a legal intern at KU Innovation and Collaboration, which supports faculty research and protects intellectual property in fields as varied as pharmaceutical development, biosciences and information technologies.
He also was a judicial intern in the criminal division of Johnson County District Court in Olathe, conducting research and preparing memoranda for the Hon. Thomas Kelly Ryan.
Before becoming an attorney, Max was a practicing Engineer in Training with Olsson Associates, where he passed the FE exam and was certified by the Kansas State Board of Technical Professionals.
As a member of Olsson’s traffic team, he worked with a wide range of traffic signal technologies, conducted statistical safety analyses on urban corridors and completed detailed traffic impact studies for new developments to ensure compliance with municipal zoning standards.
- J.D., University of Kansas School of Law, 2017
- Order of the Coif
- Kansas Law Review, Managing Editor
- CALI Awards (Patent Law, Legal Aid Clinic)
- Intern for The Hon. Thomas Kelly Ryan, Johnson County District Court
- University of Kansas Innovation and Collaboration, Legal Intern
- Dean’s Fellow
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon Scholar (Civil Procedure, Constitutional Law)
- National Moot Court Competition
- KU Moot Court Competition, Best Brief
- Moot Court Council
- Student Intellectual Property Law Association, Vice President
- Court of Parking Appeals, Defense Attorney
- B.S., University of Kansas, 2011 (Civil Engineering)
- Stuart and Hazel Knutson Scholarship
- American Society of Civil Engineers, KU Chapter – President, Community Service Chairman
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Douglas County (Kansas) Legal Aid Clinic, Volunteer
- Olsson Associates Planning Committee for the Drumm Farm Center for Children
- Cultivate Kansas City, Dig In!, Organizing Committee
Rate : $$$