McAllister Jimbo advises multinational companies on compliance with international trade laws, including economic sanctions, anti-corruption and anti-money laundering laws, and export controls. She also has significant experience counseling clients through internal investigations and criminal and civil inquiries from federal and state regulators.
McAllister also maintains an active pro bono practice. Her recent pro bono work includes securing immigration status for a victim of human trafficking and the victim’s family members, and representing a death row inmate in federal and state habeas proceedings.
- International Trade and Compliance Counseling
- Secured global settlement with US Bureau of Industry Services, Office of Foreign Assets Control, and Department of Justice for a foreign oilfield services company in connection with Iran sanctions and export control violations.
- Conducted a global risk assessment and audit of a multinational chemical company covering economic sanctions, anti-boycott, and anti-corruption compliance programs.
- Obtained clearance from the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) for several cross-border transactions, including representation of a US advanced technology company in sale of its global semiconductor business; representation of a US advanced manufacturing company in acquisition by a Chinese strategic buyer; representation of a US energy company in asset sale to a Chinese strategic buyer; and representation of a US data storage company in assessing CFIUS and geopolitical risk of proposed investment by a Chinese information technology company.
- District of Columbia
- University of Pennsylvania, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business, Certificate in Business and Public Policy
- Cornell University, B.A., China and Asia-Pacific Studies: Phi Beta Kappa
Rate : $$$