McKenzie Carson’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, including the representation of private equity funds in acquisitions and dispositions and the representation of public and private companies in securities issuances and with respect to corporate governance and compliance issues such as the SEC’s conflict mineral rules.
- Represented corporate venture capital investors in investments ranging from start-up financing to late-stage senior preferred rounds.
- Represented a private equity fund in multiple acquisitions of organic and natural food companies.
- Represented a private equity fund in multiple acquisitions and disposition transactions involving several industries, including, manufacturing, steel processing and consumer products.
- Represented a publicly traded bank holding company in multiple acquisitions.
- Represented a REIT in private placement of preferred equity.
- Represented a Fortune 200 company in multiple public debt issuances, including US dollar and Euro denominated bonds, totaling over $13.5 billion.
- Represented a Fortune 200 company in its tender offer to acquire public debt and in its public debt issuance totaling over $3.2 billion.
- Represented a wholly owned subsidiary of a publicly traded company in multiple lease portfolio transactions involving assets such as aircrafts and railroads.
- Represented developers, sponsors and investors in connection with a variety of transactions involving renewable energy projects, including solar and refined coal facilities qualifying for Section 45 tax credits for the production of electricity from renewable resources.
- Represents, on a pro bono basis, 501(c)(3) entities regarding corporate governance and other transactional matters
- JD, University of Richmond School of Law, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, McNeill Law Society, University of Richmond Law Review, Moot Court Board, 2013
- BA, Business Economics and Spanish, Wofford College, magna cum laude, 2010
- Virginia Bar Association
Rate : $$$