Mechelle Smith is a senior counsel practicing corporate law. Mechelle’s practice is primarily focused on merger and acquisition transactions, with a concentration on transactions in the oilfield services and midstream industries. She also has experience in private equity transactions and general corporate and commercial matters.
- Represented a publicly traded oilfield product and services company in its $811 million acquisition of a distributor of oilfield products.
- Represented a publicly traded oilfield product and services company in its $777 million acquisition of a manufacturer of products and materials for the energy market.
- Represented an energy technology company in the $122 million disposition of its business to a publicly traded oilfield services company.
- Represented a publicly traded midstream energy company in its $377 million acquisition of gathering assets in the Marcellus Shale.
- Represented private equity funds with respect to a number of investments in various oilfield product and services companies.
- Represented a private equity fund with respect to investments in various oil and gas production companies.
- Represented a regional bank in the $1 billion disposition of its business to a publicly traded financial services company.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- J.D., cum laude, The University of Texas School of Law, 2005
- B.S., summa cum laude, Texas A&M University, 1994
Admissions : Texas, 2005
Rate : $$$