Meegan Colclough practices in the area of business law with an emphasis in taxation matters. Ms. Colclough advises clients in the areas of corporate law and taxation, Employee Stock Ownership Plans (“ESOPs”) and other qualified retirement plans, estate and business succession planning, and tax controversy matters with the IRS, state and municipal agencies.
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., cum laude, Senior Editor, The Journal of the Legal Profession; Moot Court Board, 2002
- University of Alabama School of Law, LL.M., cum laude, in Taxation, 2012
- University of Alabama, B.S., summa cum laude, in Commerce and Business Administration, 1996
- Mobile Bar Association (Chair of the Lawyer Mentoring Committee, 2015; Treasurer, 2013; Assistant Treasurer, 2012)
- South Alabama Volunteer Lawyers Program (Full Board Member)
- Estate Planning Council of Mobile, Inc.
- Alabama State Bar, Pro Bono Celebration Task Force (2010-2011)
- Provide counsel for various aspects of implementation of leveraged ESOP as method for business succession planning for corporation valued in excess of $16 million.
- Representation of individuals in estate planning and probate matters.
- Representation of businesses in preparation of employment agreements, leases and sale/purchase agreements.
- Representation of regional corporation in settlement of municipal tax dispute involving sales, use and rental taxes.
- Representation of company in IRS controversy involving approximately $12 million assessment. Assisted with settlement of case with IRS resulting in 75% reduction and received Congressional Joint Committee approval.
Rate : $$$