Meg E. George serves as managing partner of Akerman’s Chicago office. Meg has experience with real estate and municipal law matters including the acquisition, and sale and development of real estate, land use and zoning, licensing, permitting, subdivision, and other real estate matters.
Notable Work :
- Representation of owners of shopping centers, convenience stores, hospitals, hotels, residential, commercial and mixed use buildings, office complexes, open space/conservation areas, schools, and libraries in the City of Chicago and suburban villages.
- Representation of clients in obtaining building licenses, public place of amusement licenses, parking permits, and building permits.
- Representation of clients in obtaining signage permits, grant of privilege permits, and oversized sign permits.
- Assisted clients in obtaining over one million dollars in USEPA Brownfields grants and IEPA Revolving Loan Funds.
- Appeared and made presentations before the Chicago Zoning Board of Appeals, the Chicago Plan Commission, the Zoning Committee of the City Council of the City of Chicago, the Chicago Landmarks Commission and the City Council of the City of Chicago.
- Appeared and made presentations before the Village of Barrington Plan Commission, Village Board and Architectural Review Commission, Village of Huntley Village Board and Plan Commission, City of Crystal Lake Planning and Zoning Commission, City of Rolling Meadows Committee of the Whole, Cook County Zoning Board of Appeals and various other municipal committees and councils of neighboring jurisdictions.
- Appeared before various community groups and organizations in connection with proposed developments for particular sites.
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 2006
- B.A., Xavier University, 2003
Bar Admissions : Illinois
Court Admissions : Illinois Supreme Court
Rate : $$$$