Megan E. Grossman is a partner in the Philadelphia office of Lewis Brisbois and vice-chair of the Life Sciences Practice. Ms. Grossman is a trial attorney representing companies in general liability, products liability and complex litigation matters.
Having started her career in the biomedical field, Ms. Grossman now focuses her practice on representing various medical device and pharmaceutical companies in products liability matters relating to life sciences and biotechnology.
She represents medical device companies in claims arising out of alleged malfunctions of surgical equipment, instruments, and implants; defending pharmaceutical companies in actions arising out of personal injury claims involving prescription medicines or over-the-counter (OTC) drugs; defending companies in relation to claims involving clinical trials; and serving as defense counsel in numerous mass-tort litigations both locally and nationwide.
She has also defended several compounding pharmacies in wrongful death/medical malpractice matters. Ms. Grossman is experienced in all stages of litigation, including the coordination of discovery, trial preparation, depositions, court appearances, fact investigation, and the drafting of pleadings, motions, and briefs in state and federal jurisdictions.
- Villanova University, Juris Doctor, 2003
- Drexel University, Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering, 2000
- Lehigh University, Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biology, 1996
- State Bar Admissions : New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute, Drug and Medical Device and Women in the Law Committee, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, former Civil Litigation Section Council, Member
Representative Matters :
- Has helped defend other product liability cases including a construction accident case, a case for a component part distributor, golf car products liability cases, a class action lawsuit involving a flood, and a medical device case involving a patient lift manufacturer.
- Defended a roofing products manufacturer in warranty claims actions.
- Defended multiple charter schools in special education matters, including due process complaint hearings pursuant to the IDEA.
- Successfully defended a licensed auto tag and title-issuing agent in Philadelphia accused of negligently providing registration documents and a license plate which was later attached to a vehicle involved in a catastrophic accident involving a death, a paralysis, and personal injury.
Rate : $$$$