Megan Havstad represents financial services, technology, and automotive companies in complex civil litigation, data security breach matters, breach of contract disputes, Securities and Exchange Commission investigations, antitrust litigation, and class actions.
Megan advises her clients with open and direct communication so that they are fully aware of all of the parameters impacting their cases. She dedicates her time to serving clients diligently and efficiently.
Megan is actively involved in pro bono matters including successfully representing individuals before the California Board of Parole Hearings and in California state court.
- Representing a major transportation company in a state hazardous waste handling enforcement action
- Representing a multinational financial services company in a complex contract dispute arising out of a data security breach
- Representing an automotive parts company in multiple purported class actions alleging violations of the Sherman Antitrust Act and various state antitrust and consumer protection laws
- Representing a technology company in a trade secrets misappropriation case
- Representing a leading toy company in multiple breach of contract disputes arising from licensing agreements, both in federal district court and arbitration
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and the Northern District of California
- US Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- University of California Hastings College of the Law, J.D.: magna cum laude; Senior Notes Editor, Hastings Law Journal; International Quarterfinalist, Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition; Thurston Society
- Yale University, B.A., Economics and International Studies: with Honors
- Honorable Susan Illston, US District Court, Northern District of California
- Bar Association of San Francisco
Rate : $$$$