In her practice, Megan Dhillon regularly advises healthcare providers, including hospitals, health systems, long term care facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, and licensed healthcare practitioners. She counsels these providers in corporate, transactional, regulatory, and operational matters.
She regularly advises providers on issues pertaining to professional and facility licensure; Medicare/Medicaid enrollment; the laws and regulations governing payment from Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE, and commercial payers; and compliance with the Medicare Conditions of Participation and Coverage, HIPAA, the False Claims Act, and the Stark and Anti-Kickback laws.
Her practice is also centered on representing providers in informal dispute resolution proceedings and in all levels of the Medicare and/or Medicaid administrative appeals processes. Megan also assists clients in conducting internal investigations and preparing self-disclosures to the government.
Prior to joining the firm, Megan worked for a boutique healthcare law firm. Her experience also includes working with Virginia’s Department of Medical Assistance Services, where she was a Hearing and Legal Services Officer, and a Medicaid Appeals Specialist in its Appeals Division. She also was a Fellow in the Health Services Section of the Office of the Attorney General of Virginia. Megan is also active in the American Health Lawyers Association.
- Emory University School of Law (J.D., 2011)
- University of Virginia (B.A. in History and Foreign Affairs, 2008)
- Hancock, Daniel, & Johnson, P.C. (Richmond, VA), Associate (2015-2018)
- Department of Medical Assistance Services (Richmond, VA), Hearing and Legal Services Officer III, Medicaid Appeals Specialist, Appeals Division (2012-2015)
- Office of the Attorney General of Virginia (Richmond, VA), Fellow, Health Services Section (2011-2012)
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (Atlanta, GA), Intern, Fair Housing Department (2011)
- General Electric (Atlanta, GA), Intern, Legal Department (2010)
Rate : $$$