Megan L. Rodgers is a litigator who focuses her practice on complex and high-stakes commercial disputes and class actions in state and federal court. As a member of multiple trial teams, Ms. Rodgers has experience arguing dispositive motions, preparing expert and fact witnesses for deposition and trial, taking and defending depositions, and developing case strategy. In addition to her trial work, Ms. Rodgers has briefed and argued appeals before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit and Sixth Circuit.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2010
- Bowdoin College, A.B., 2006
Judicial Clerkship : Hon. D. Michael Fisher, U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2010 – 2011
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia
Representative Matters :
- Representing one of the nation’s leading financial institutions in litigation proceedings challenging credit reporting practices.
- Representing a leading online travel agency in putative false advertising class action.
- Member of trial team representing BP in civil litigation arising from the Deepwater Horizonincident in the Gulf of Mexico in the multi-phase litigation in the Eastern District of Louisiana (MDL 2179) and the securities class action litigation in the Southern District of Texas (MDL 2185).
- Represented Chiquita Brands in mass tort proceedings arising out of extortion payments made by Chiquita’s former subsidiary to armed groups in Colombia.
- Represented POM Wonderful in deceptive advertising litigation and appeals brought by Federal Trade Commission.
- Assists clients in consumer products, food and dietary supplements, and pharmaceutical industries with Federal Trade Commission inquiries into advertising practices.
Pro Bono :
- Briefed and argued an appeal in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit for a lawyer accused of obstruction of justice and subornation of perjury.
- Briefed and argued an appeal in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit on behalf of a doctor accused of distribution of controlled substances.
- Successfully represented client before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit in an interlocutory appeal of a Bivens action based on the Eighth Amendment.
Rate : $$$