Megan Susan Scheib passionately fights for her client’s rights and liberties by providing reliable guidance and representation in all matters involving both civil and criminal law, whether her client is a civil litigant, a witness or a target of an investigation, or a defendant charged with a criminal offense.
Megan has also counseled victims of criminal offenses on how to navigate the legal system and exercise their rights under the law. She has successfully represented individuals and companies under scrutiny for a wide range of criminal activity including multi-million dollar frauds, high profile public corruption, Title 21 violations, counterfeiting, identity theft, and money laundering.
Megan is also committed to defending the rights of the indigent and regularly represents criminal defendants through pro bono referrals or court appointments. Beyond her criminal practice, Megan regularly represents clients in heavily regulated areas such as telehealth, pharmaceutical, professional licensing, nonprofit, and state and local government.
The combination of her criminal and commercial experience representing clients in a wide cross-section of industries provides her with the tools and foresight needed to work with clients in all areas of compliance to successfully avoid regulatory infractions, future litigation, and/or potential civil or criminal penalties.
Megan frequently speaks about criminal defense and government investigations. She serves on the planning committee for the annual white collar conference held by the Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and has also served as a panelist at local law schools, for the American Bar Association and at continuing legal education conferences.
Prior to joining the firm, Megan served as a judicial law clerk to the Chief Judge of the Seventh Judicial Circuit in Maryland. Megan earned her undergraduate degree, magna cum laude, from Ithaca College in 2003 and her law degree from American University, Washington College of Law in 2006.
- Represented pharmacy owner suspected of illegally dispensing controlled substances in violation of Title 21, health care fraud and related offenses in a federal investigation. No charges were filed against the client.
- Represented an individual in a federal armed robbery case from arrest through appeal to the Third Circuit Court of Appeals. Argued before a full panel of the Third Circuit Court of Appeals after successfully obtaining en banc review of the three-judge panel’s decision.
- Represented executives in a federal investigation of a pharmaceutical company suspected of off-label marketing. No charges were filed against clients.
- Represented a construction company in multi-party breach of contract litigation arising from the construction of a hotel. Obtained successful settlement of the action through mediation.
- Represented a law firm in a legal malpractice action in which plaintiff sought more than one billion dollars in compensatory and punitive damages. Following a bench trial, the court entered judgment in favor of the client on all counts.
- Represented an engineering firm before the New Jersey State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors. No sanctions or adverse findings were filed against the client.
- Advise firm clients on Fifth Amendment issues that arise in both civil and criminal matters in a variety of contexts, i.e., depositions, hearings, trial, parallel civil, and criminal proceedings, etc.
- American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., 2006
- Ithaca College, B.A., magna cum laude, 2003
BAR ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia; Maryland; New Jersey; Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court – District of Maryland
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- The District of Columbia Bar
Rate : $$$