Megan E. Smith devotes her practice to matrimonial, divorce, and family law, and is a trained collaborative lawyer and divorce mediator. She works with clients in all areas of matrimonial and family law, including the developing area of LGBT law as it relates to children and families.
Her practice is concentrated in divorce, dissolution of civil unions, termination of domestic partnerships, custody, parenting time, child support, alimony, equitable distribution and pre-nuptial planning as well as related post-judgment issues, such as emancipation, support enforcement, and implementation of settlement agreements.
In 2008-2015, Ms. Smith has been a co-chair and speaker at the New Jersey Association for Justice annual convention in Atlantic City. Ms. Smith was recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in 2016 and a Super Lawyer 2017-2018. She was also recognized as an Awesome Attorney in 2015, 2016 and 2017 by South Jersey Magazine.
Prior to joining Offit Kurman, Ms. Smith was a law clerk to the Honorable Jeanne T. Covert, J.S.C. of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Burlington County, New Jersey. Ms. Smith also served as a judicial extern for the Chester County Court of Common Pleas in West Chester, Pennsylvania, where she assisted the Masters Unit under the supervision of the Honorable Katherine B.L. Platt.
- J.D., Villanova University School of Law, 2006
- B.A., Penn State University, 2002
- New Jersey
- New Jersey State Bar Association – Family Law Executive Committee Member, Salem County Liason and GLBT Rights Section Member
- New Jersey Association for Justice
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Independence Business Alliance – Board Member, Co-chair Membership Committee
- Villanova University School of Law Alumni Association
Rate : $$$$