Megan concentrates her legal practice on business immigration matters relating to temporary work visas, employment-based immigration, naturalization, and consular processing. She represents U.S. and multinational companies in a wide variety of industries including energy, information technology, health care, media, hospitality, engineering, agribusiness, and manufacturing.
Megan also guides employers through the employment eligibility verification (Form I-9 and E-Verify) process and has skillfully defended employers in Form I-9 investigations by Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP, Seattle
- Rule 9 Intern, University of Washington Children and Youth Advocacy Clinic, Seattle
- Judicial Extern, Hon. John C. Coughenour, U.S. District Court, Seattle
- Legal Extern, King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, Civil Division, Seattle
- Administrator, Northwest Physical Therapy & Sports Rehabilitation Center, Mount Vernon, Wash.
- Assistant Director of Career Services, ITT Technical Institute, Portland, Ore.
Professional & Community Activities:
- National Verification & Worksite Enforcement Liaison Committee – American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Executive Committee, past; Chair, Employment Focus Group; Co-chair, Citizenship Day Committee – American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Washington Chapter
- North Snohomish County Board – Housing Hope
- Law Firm Representative, University of Washington Law Firm Annual Challenge
- Future Builders Campaign Committee – Girl Scouts of Western Washington
- Membership Committee; President, Vala Youngquist Guild, past – Seattle Children’s Hospital Guild Association
- King County Trustee, past; Public Service Director, past – Washington State Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2008
- Justice Charles Z. Smith Award for Public Service
- M.B.A., Western Washington University, 2004
- Bernadette Roozen Miller Scholarship for Graduate Studies, Skagit Women’s Alliance & Network
- B.A., Anthropology, Spanish, Western Washington University, 2000, magna cum laude
- Presidential Scholar Award
- Distinguished Anthropology Graduate Award
Rate : $$$