Megan S. Woodworth, co-chair of Venable’s IP Litigation Group, focuses her practice on patent litigation and appeals. Megan has helped clients resolve complex patent disputes involving sophisticated technologies, such as medical devices, software, telecommunications, and automotive technologies.
She has represented clients before the International Trade Commission (ITC), the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), and various district courts. Megan has also argued several cases before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and has authored and co-authored dozens of appellate briefs.
- Served as lead appellate counsel in successfully defending a judgment awarding attorneys’ fees to defendant in a patent dispute involving biometric identification for computer systems.
- Served as counsel for Complainant in successfully obtaining consent orders at the International Trade Commission against various respondents relating to a design patent infringement claim on off-road vehicles.
- Served as counsel in two cases transferred from Texas respectively to California and New Jersey in cases involving cell phone antennas and air conditioner heat exchangers. The cases were voluntarily dismissed by the Plaintiff.
- Served as trial and appellate counsel for orthopedic medical device company in patent infringement actions involving methods and products for performing shoulder repair.
- Serve as counsel in connection with two interferences relating to patents involving electrically erasable read only memory. Served as lead appellate counsel on appeal in successfully defending the PTO decision finding that the interfering patent application did not have written support for its claims.
- J.D. with honors University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law 2003
- B.S. University of Illinois 2000
Bar Admissions : Maryland, District of Columbia, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
Clerk Experience : Honorable Kimberly A. Moore U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Professional Memberships : Adjunct professor, George Washington University School of Law, 2011-2013.
Rate : $$$