Meghan A. Cavalieri is a partner in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability and Construction Practices. She has trial experience in New York State, Family and Federal Courts.
She practices in the areas of General Liability, Products Liability, Civil Rights, and Construction, and specializes in the defense of cases involving the NY Labor Law and Section 1983 Constitutional claims involving Municipal Liability, False Arrest, Malicious Prosecution and Excessive Force.
Ms. Cavalieri began her career as a Juvenile Prosecutor in Bronx, NY, prosecuting misdemeanor and felony juvenile delinquency cases. She then practiced in the Special Federal Litigation Unit of the New York City Law Department, specializing in municipal defense of 42 U.S.C. § 1983 matters. She has experience litigating personal injury, premises liability and constitutional matters.
- Hofstra Law School, Juris Doctor, 2004
- Fordham University, Bachelor of Arts, 2001
- State Bar Admissions, New York
- State Supreme Courts, State of New York Court of Appeals
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$$