Meghan E. Pound leads the firm’s Health Law section. She has represented clients in federal and state courts, at both the trial and appellate levels, in administrative proceedings and in arbitrations. Meghan has handled a wide variety of internal investigations, and has represented individuals, partnerships, public entities, non-profit corporations and hospitals.
Meghan’s work includes a wide variety of litigation matters and has particular experience in the defense of hospitals and other medical professionals accused of civil rights violations, employment discrimination, negligence relating to professional review and false claims act violations.
Meghan’s law practice has included:
- Obtaining a defense verdict for a school district accused of discriminating against a disabled student
- Obtaining a defense verdict for a hospital accused of abusing professional review proceedings to circumvent employment obligations
- Obtaining summary judgment in the United States Court for the District of Colorado for a hospital client on claims relating to EMTALA, negligent interference with contract and breach of contract
- Investigating claims of employer misconduct in a variety of workplace settings
- Representing plaintiffs and defendants in breach-of-contract actions
- Representing licensed professionals before federal and state regulatory agencies in negotiations and hearings
- Representing hospitals in disputes over non-competition agreements and employment discrimination matters
- Defending physicians and health care entities against alleged violations of the False Claims Act, Stark and the Anti-Kickback Statute
- Duke University School of Law, J.D.
- National Moot Court Board, Vice Chair
- Law Journal: Duke Journal of Gender Law and Policy, Articles Editor
- Dartmouth College, B.A.
- Recipient of Richter Research Grant
Associations & Memberships :
- Boulder County Bar Association, Professionalism Committee, Member
- Lyons Emergency Assistance Fund, Board Member
Rate : $$$