Melanie Dykas is a counsel in the Hartford office of Locke Lord LLP where she focuses her practice on consumer finance. She has represented national and regional financial institutions in foreclosure matters and in the defense of lender liability and unfair business claims as well as real estate litigation, mortgage resolution, fraud and tort related matters.
Also, Melanie has represented clients in all facets of title disputes, including priority claims, reformation of mortgages, and quiet title actions. She routinely collaborates with corporate in-house counsel to develop and implement litigation, discovery, settlement and trial strategies.
Melanie represents clients in mediations, arbitrations, settlement negotiations, court trials and appeals at both the state and federal levels. Additionally, she has extensive experience regarding legislative analysis and intent garnered through her years as a registered lobbyist.
- Counsel, Locke Lord LLP
- Staff Counsel, Locke Lord LLP
- Associate, Halloran & Sage, LLP, Hartford
- Lobbyist, Halloran & Sage Government Affairs, LLC, Hartford
- Associate, Shea Law Inc., West Hartford, Conn.
- J.D., University of Connecticut School of Law, 2010
- B.A., Psychology, University of Connecticut, 2004
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
Rate : $$$