Melanie R. Finkelstein’s practice focuses on representation of borrowers and lenders on a wide variety of structured finance transactions as well as mortgage regulatory compliance.
Melanie is an associate on the structured finance and securitization team.
She works on a variety of transactions for borrowers, lenders and servicers in structured finance transactions, warehouse financings, sales and acquisitions of servicing platforms and mortgage servicing rights, issuances of term notes and variable funding notes and other financings.
Melanie has several years of mortgage regulatory experience at a boutique mortgage origination law firm and has regularly written and spoken at industry conferences on topics from the TRID Rules to mortgage servicing and foreclosure prevention trends and mortgage licensing.
- Represented borrowers and lenders with respect to the financing of residential mortgage loans, servicing rights, and residential and commercial mortgage-backed securities.
- Represented financial institutions with respect to warehouse and repurchase agreements.
- Represented borrowers and lenders with respect to servicing advance facilities and related note issuances.
- Represented Ginnie Mae in connection with its Multiclass Securities Program and Mortgage-Backed Securities Program.
- Assisted mortgage lenders and brokers in their compliance with federal, state and local mortgage banking compliance laws and regulations.
- Assisted buyers and sellers of residential mortgage loan portfolios in their compliance with federal, state and local mortgage banking compliance laws and regulations, including TRID compliance.
- JD, Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Order of the Coif, 2006
- BA, The University of Texas at Austin, Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2003
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Texas Association of Bank Counsel
- Member, Texas Bankers Association
Rate : $$$$