Melanie C. Kalmanson is a member of Akerman’s Appellate Practice and focuses her practice on representing clients in appellate and commercial litigation. As a former Florida Supreme Court law clerk, Melanie has experience in legal writing, case management, case strategy, and legal research.
While clerking at the Court, she reviewed hundreds of briefs and researched hundreds of issues, which provided her with an invaluable understanding of the proper strategies to best assist clients as well as familiarity with the Florida Supreme Court’s jurisdiction.
Melanie also works with the International Trade Practice, assisting with state and federal licensing review and evaluating state and federal regulatory schemes. In this area, she contributes an awareness of the interaction between transactions and potential litigation.
In addition, Melanie volunteers as the Risk Management Advisor for Alpha Phi at Florida State University, advising the chapter’s emergency protocols and disciplinary proceedings. She also volunteers as a J.D. Advisor at the Florida State University College of Law, advising students in applying for post-graduate judicial clerkships.
- J.D., Florida State University, 2016, magna cum laude, FSU Law Review, Executive Editor
- B.S., Florida State University, Finance and International Affairs, 2013, cum laude
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions : U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Eleventh Circuit Historical Society, Member, 2019
- The Florida Bar YLD Law Student Division, Mentor
- Florida Supreme Court Historical Society, Publications Committee and Acquisitions Committee, Member
- FSU College of Law Career Services Office, J.D. Advisor
- FSU Law Moot Court Team, Coach
- FSU College of Law, Raising the Bar Professionalism Program, Alumni Advisory Board Member
- Alpha Phi, Florida State University, Risk Management Advisor
- Law Clerk for Justice Barbara J. Pariente, Florida Supreme Court
Rate : $$$