Melanie Morgan Norris concentrates her practice in the areas of insurance law and energy litigation. Ms. Norris’ insurance practice consists of direct representation of insurance companies in response to extra-contractual claims, insurance arson and fraud investigation, insurance coverage opinions and disputes, and general personal injury and commercial litigation defense.
Ms. Norris’ energy litigation practice includes landowner lease and mineral title litigation, as well as right-of-way disputes. She is co-leader of the firm’s Insurance Company Team.
- Prepared numerous coverage opinions and represented insurers in declaratory judgment actions involving claims arising under various types of insurance policies
- Conducted investigations and examinations under oath and defended insurers in claims involving suspected arson or fraud
- Sought preliminary and permanent injunctions on behalf of major energy company to prevent interference with rights-of-way and major gas transmissions lines
- Jury trials on behalf of both individual and corporate defendants including claims of wrongful death, nursing malpractice and personal injury
- J.D. Ohio State University
- B.S. Muskingum University
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- Defense Research Institute
- Ohio County Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
Rate : $$$$