Melanie VanSlavens is a corporate and transactional attorney, with a focus on the restaurant, food and beverage, and technology industries. She represents companies and investors in equity financing, mergers and acquisitions, private tender offers, corporate restructurings, and other complex strategic transactions.
Melanie also regularly represents emerging and established companies—including family-owned businesses—in various industries, advising them on matters such as formation, corporate governance, and general commercial matters.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Program Committee, Friends of the Children, 2017-present
- J.D., Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 2016, cum laude
- Sherman Minton Moot Court Quarterfinalist
- Notes Editor, Indiana Journal of Global and Legal Studies
- Best in Class, Legal Research and Writing
- M. Ed., Marian University, 2011
- B.A., International Studies/Political Science, University of Oregon, 2009
- Dean’s Honors and Scholarship
- Study Abroad: Senegal
Rate : $$$