Melika Forbes is an associate in the firm’s School Law group, where she advises public school districts on a wide range of issues, including special education, student discipline and bullying.
Her experience with educational institutions includes serving as the Director of College Placement for the Bronx Lab School and as a math teacher with Teach for America.
In addition, she completed an internship with the Truancy Bureau of the Kings County District Attorney’s Office.
While enrolled at the Washington University School of Law, Melika served as a student attorney with the Child and Family Advocacy Clinic (CFAC). Previously Melika was a summer associate at Shipman & Goodwin.
- Connecticut School Attorneys Council: President (2016-2017)
- George W. Crawford Black Bar Association: Secretary (2016-present)
- Math for America, New York City: Screening and Selection Committee (former)
- Let’s Get Ready: Alumna and Former Coach
- Syracuse University, B.A., 2005
- Washington University School of Law, J.D., 2014
Rate : $$$