Melinda R. Beres concentrates her practice on asset-backed finance transactions. Melinda advises clients on a broad range of finance transactions, including asset-backed loans, sales and purchases of, and securitizations and conduit financing arrangements involving auto loans and leases, energy related assets, equipment leases, inventory and trade receivables.
Melinda also regularly counsels clients on US federal and state banking, securities and consumer lending regulatory issues and has actively participated in preparing numerous industry and client-specific responses to state and federal regulatory reform initiatives.
Prior to joining the firm, Melinda served as an attorney for the US Securities and Exchange Commission in Washington, DC and was an associate with the banking and finance team of a large international law firm in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- Represented automobile manufacturer in establishing a floorplan inventory financing facility.
- Represented issuers and underwriters in programmatic issuances of asset-backed notes secured by automobile loans.
- Represented lenders in conduit financing transactions involving automobile loans and leases.
- Represented borrowers/purchasers in sale-leaseback equipment financing transactions.
- Represented lenders in accounts receivable financing transactions.
- Represented borrowers in asset-backed loan and letter of credit facilities.
- Represented underwriters in a 144/Reg. S offering of asset-backed notes collateralized with renewable energy related assets.
- Represented borrowers in accounts receivable term loan facilities and letter of credit facilities.
- Represented financial institution client in drafting comprehensive internal policies to respond to regulatory developments.
- Represented US and non-US issuers and underwriters in public and private securities offerings, convertible bond transactions and multi-jurisdictional mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented US companies in the resolution of contract disputes with non-US entities regarding ownership in, and title to, assets located both in the United States and abroad.
- JD, University of South Carolina School of Law, 1999
- LLM, University of Sussex, England, Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholar, 1997
- BA, Presbyterian College, 1995
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- Member, Mecklenburg County Bar
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, South Carolina Bar Association
Rate : $$$