Melinda L. Fithen has broad and substantive litigation experience in state and federal courts nationwide, representing clients in product liability actions, contract disputes, employment law, construction litigation, and other commercial matters.
Melinda advises and defends clients at all stages of litigation, including pre-suit investigation, case strategy, pleadings and motion practice, written and oral discovery, expert witness development, court hearings, appeals, and settlements.
Experience : As a member of Venable’s Product Liability and Mass Torts Practice Group, Melinda represents national and international pharmaceutical and medical device companies in complex litigation, including :
- Drafting pretrial and dispositive motions as part of a team of attorneys in nationwide litigation involving an anti-epileptic drug
- Working as part of a team on expert witness development and assisting with bellwether case workup in an MDL and consolidated state court litigation involving an anticoagulant drug
- Assisting with management, company story development, and discovery as part of a team of attorneys in an MDL and consolidated state court litigation involving proton pump inhibitor drugs
- J.D.University of Maryland School of Law2009
- M.A.summa cum laudeSam Houston State University2005
- B.A.magna cum laudeSam Houston State University2001
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Maryland
Court Admissions : U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Professional Memberships :
- Defense Research Institute
- Maryland Defense Counsel
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
Melinda is a member of the Defense Research Institute (DRI) and its Drug and Medical Device Committee. She also serves on the board of directors of TurnAround, Inc., which provides counseling and other services to survivors of sexual assault, sex trafficking, and domestic violence.
Rate : $$$