Melinda R. Roberts is a seasoned attorney whose practice focuses on complex intellectual property matters, including patent litigation, trade secret disputes, and post-grant proceedings.
Melinda counsels clients on a broad range of technologies and innovations across a variety of fields, including the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and life science industries.
She has experience in all stages of litigation and has particular experience representing clients in Hatch-Waxman litigations and post-grant proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. She also regularly conducts patent invalidity and freedom-to-operate analyses and pre-suit investigations.
Prior to attending law school, Melinda worked as a policy analyst and healthcare advocate for a New York City-based nonprofit organization. She also conducted neuroscience research at the Yale University School of Medicine.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in federal court and in multiple proceedings before the PTAB challenging patents related to RNAi and helped obtain favorable settlements
- Represented an innovator pharmaceutical company and helped obtain a trial win in a multi-defendant Hatch-Waxman litigation concerning patents related to cancer treatment
- Represented an innovator pharmaceutical company and helped to successfully defend the validity of a patent related to a pharmaceutical composition against multiple challenges before the PTAB
Community : Melinda also devotes her time to various pro bono matters and has successfully represented clients before the Social Security Administration
- J.D. University of Wisconsin 2009
- B.S. Yale University 2000
Bar Admissions : New York
Court Admissions : U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Professional Memberships : New York Intellectual Property Law Association.
Rate : $$$$