Melinda P. Rudolph focuses on the commercial and operational issues faced by companies in the life sciences industries. She advises companies and service providers on matters relating to licensing, development, and marketing of technology and products, manufacturing and distribution products, university licensing, research and development collaborations, outsourcing of operational activities, clinical studies, and contract research organization agreements.
She has represented companies in both private practice and as in-house counsel, works routinely on multinational transactions, and served as the general counsel of a publicly traded biotechnology company.
Mindy was named one of Philadelphia Business Journal’s 2017 Women of Distinction for her professional achievement, dedication to mentorship, and community involvement in the Philadelphia region. Mindy earned her J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School and her B.A., cum laude, in history and American civilization from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Lead counsel in unprecedented acquisition of clinical trial manufacturing operations of a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company.
- Represented a U.S. pharmaceutical company regarding out-licensing of a product for marketing and distribution in Germany, with grant of option to obtain similar rights in other countries in the European Union.
- Represented a U.S. pharmaceutical company regarding out-licensing of a development-stage product for testing and marketing in the Peoples’ Republic of China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong.
- Represented a U.S. medical device company in negotiations regarding in-licensing and supply of materials for use in development of a product.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company regarding the termination and wind down of a multi-million dollar clinical research organization agreement.
- Negotiating out-licensing agreements for clinical testing of a pharmaceutical product and a medical device on behalf of a software company.
- Representing a client in connection with logistics service agreements for the multinational delivery of clinical trial material.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 1986
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A.
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$$