Melissa Devich Cochran focuses her practice on product liability, particularly asbestos litigation, where she represents and defends numerous and varied equipment manufacturers, outside contractors and supplier companies. Melissa’s day-to-day asbestos practice includes overseeing and directly participating in all phases of litigation, from investigation to trial, throughout Western Pennsylvania.
She also participates in discovery in Eastern Pennsylvania, Delaware and Madison County, Illinois. In addition, Melissa serves as assistant national counsel for a manufacturing defendant. Melissa’s concentration on her asbestos practice enables her to provide clients with attentive, insightful and cost-effective strategies to combat the ever-evolving challenges of this fast-paced litigation.
As an experienced property and casualty attorney, Melissa represents clients in magistrate and arbitration level trials involving automobile accidents, premises liability claims and product liability suits.
- Serves as a representative on the Western Pennsylvania Asbestos Defense Group Subcommittee for asbestos litigation acting as a liaison between the defense bar and the court
- Responsible for the management of high-volume, asbestos defense litigation in Western Pennsylvania, including directing and developing trial strategy; participating in pre-trial and trial activities; attending and defending depositions; responding to written discovery; retaining and coordinating expert reviews; and arguing motions and negotiating settlements
- Represented child welfare agency in Department of Public Welfare and appellate court proceedings
- Serves as assistant national coordinating defense counsel in toxic tort litigation for a world-wide product manufacturer
- Negotiates the resolution of hundreds of toxic tort cases each year
- J.D. Duquesne University School of Law
- B.A. Saint Vincent College
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Faculty Member, DRI – Asbestos Medicine Seminar, November 2017
Rate : $$$$