Melissa Goldman advises clients on health care regulatory compliance with particular attention to telehealth, digital health, and health care technology. Melissa advises clients on health care regulatory compliance with particular attention to telehealth, digital health, and health care technology.
Ms. Goldman anticipates potential issues providing practical and strategic counsel to health care providers and technology companies on innovative relationships, business models, and reimbursement opportunities that address regulatory requirements while effectively and efficiently meeting clients’ business objectives.
As former associate general counsel and interim Chief Compliance Officer at one of the United States’ largest telehealth companies, Melissa has a depth of experience advising on a broad range of health care technology issues, including federal and state fraud and abuse issues, federal and state privacy and security issues, Medicare, Medicaid and third-party billing and compliance requirements, state licensure, credentialing, and accreditation matters, and structuring arrangements with third parties.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 2012, cum laude
- University of Central Florida, B.S. in Hospitality Management, 2009
ADMISSIONS : Florida, 2012
- Negotiated national managed care contracts and delegation of credentialing agreements with commercial payors, Medicare Advantage plans and Medicaid managed care plans.
- Advised on multistate marketing arrangements for various health care entities such as DME providers, substance abuse providers and clinical laboratories.
- Counseled and defended client through an investigation by the United States Office of Civil Rights in response to a complaint regarding HIPAA security violations.
- Assisted as part of special health care counsel in a False Claims Act case against DME manufacturers and suppliers where the government intervened.
- Drafted and submitted comments to proposed state telemedicine legislation on behalf of a national behavioral telehealth company.
- Prepared and advised on Medicare Provider Enrollment forms for part A and Part B providers.
Rate : $$$