Melissa C. Koch is a business and technology lawyer with nearly two decades advising tech and tech-enabled companies across industries. Melissa is a former in-house counsel and brings a rare depth and breadth of strategic legal expertise.
In her transactional practice, Melissa structures, drafts, and negotiates strategic alliances, joint venture transactions, collaboration agreements, licenses and technology transfers, distribution and supply arrangements, vendor and sales agreements, products and services agreements, SaaS and PaaS agreements, research and development collaborations, internet and e-commerce transactions, and other corporate operational transactions.
Melissa works extensively with general and staff counsel providing coordination and support in for complex and general litigation, government and public affairs, communications, M&A activity, outsourcing, corporate and major financing transactions, procurement, antitrust, general compliance and reporting, and crisis management. Melissa counsels clients on privacy, data, and security matters, including GDPR readiness, as a member of Akerman’s Data Law Center.
Melissa serves on the Business Advisory Board of Bridg, the Florida Bar Board of Governor’s Council on Technology, and is a Board Member and organizer of TEDxOrlando. Melissa has taught and mentored with Starter Studio and Blackstone Launchpad and is very active in the Orlando technology community.
- M.B.A., University of Florida, 2009
- J.D., University of Maine School of Law, 1999, Dean’s List
- B.A., Bowdoin College, Government & Legal Studies, 1995, Dean’s List
Bar Admissions : Florida; New York
- Business Advisory Board Member, Bridg
- Member, Florida Bar Board of Governor’s Technology Council
- Vice President and Board Member, TEDxOrlando
- Member, Central Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Member, Technology Affinity Group, National Association of Women Lawyers
Rate : $$$$