An innovative litigator, Melissa L. Kosack focuses her practice on commercial litigation, securities and regulatory enforcement, and white collar defense. She remains attentive to all aspects of her clients’ needs in order to construct comprehensive and effective strategies that effectively achieve the desired resolution.
- Currently working on multiple matters as one of the attorneys for the Trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Securities LLC under the Securities Investor Protection Act (SIPA). As part of that representation, Melissa is involved in litigation seeking worldwide asset recovery from hedge funds, funds of funds, investment banks, financial institutions, investment managers and others. This representation is ongoing.
- Represented clients with respect to a series of complex commerical litigations relating to the subprime mortgage and accounting industries.
- Represented corporate entities, directors, officers and other corporate executives in connection with various securities, white collar and other commercial matters.
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers’ Association
- J.D., Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 2005, cum laude, Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, Cardozo Arts and Entertainment Law Journal; Cardozo Trial Team participant; Legal Writing Teaching Assistant
- B.A., Cornell University, 2002, honors with distinction
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2008
- New York, 2006
Rate : $$$