Melissa A. Leonard concentrates her practice on mergers and acquisitions and financing transactions, with substantial experience representing both private equity and public company clients.
Melissa’s financing experience includes senior secured and unsecured financings, mezzanine financings, project and structured finance, real estate development financings, debt restructurings, and hedging transactions. Clients trust Melissa as a strategic adviser to represent their interests and to obtain the results they are seeking.
- Represented a client in its $269 million senior and mezzanine loans from a Fortune 100 bank.
- Represented a plastic fabrication company in its $228 million senior and $26 million subordinated debt facilities.
- Represented a manufacturer of liquid mold rubbers and liquid casting materials in its $88.5 million senior credit facility.
- Represented a Slovenian bank in a syndicated $50 million loan to a developer and supplier of luxury electronic table gaming products.
- Represented a national provider of technology and outsourcing solutions to the insurance industry in its $100 million credit facility administered by BMO Capital Markets Corp.
- Represented the management of Matrix Financial Solutions in its sale to publicly traded Broadridge Financial Solutions Inc. for $201 million.
- Advised Morgenthaler Private Equity on the sale of its portfolio company, Satellite Logistics Group, to JF Hillebrand for an undisclosed amount.
- Advised Morgenthaler Private Equity in its acquisition of Bowles Fluidics Corp. and in its add-on acquisition of DLH Industries Inc.
- Advised GED Integrated Solutions Inc., a portfolio company of Brockway Moran Partners, in its sale to GED Acquisition Inc., a portfolio company of Altus Capital Partners.
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Community : Cleveland’s Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA): Board of Trustees
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 1994, cum laude
- B.S., Miami University, 1992, summa cum laude
Admissions : Ohio, 1995
Rate : $$$$